Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop Up

My Mac keeps having a pop up that has the following two messages. How do I get them to stop. I’m afraid if I click on it, that it will download a virus.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 9:26 PM

Hi LashLntz,

Just to clarify, are new pop-ups still appearing? Or are only the old ones still on your screen?

To remove the old pop-ups, follow these steps:

1. Save and close any files that you're working on.
  2. In the top left corner of the screen, select Apple logo () -> Restart.
  3. Uncheck the box for "Reopen windows when logging back in", then click Restart.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 9:26 PM in response to LashLntz

Hi LashLntz,

Just to clarify, are new pop-ups still appearing? Or are only the old ones still on your screen?

To remove the old pop-ups, follow these steps:

1. Save and close any files that you're working on.
  2. In the top left corner of the screen, select Apple logo () -> Restart.
  3. Uncheck the box for "Reopen windows when logging back in", then click Restart.

Feb 15, 2021 7:48 PM in response to LashLntz

Hi LashLntz,

Thanks for asking us first. Yes, those pop-ups want to download malware onto your Mac - they are being served by websites that were visited in Safari (as shown in the screenshot).

To fix this issue, complete these steps, assuming you're using Safari as your normal web browser:

1. Open Safari.
  2. At the top of the screen, select Safari -> Preferences.
  3. Choose the Privacy tab, then click Manage Website Data.
  4. Click Remove All to clear out your cache and website data.
  5. Select the Extensions tab.
  6. Disable and delete any extensions that you don't recognize.

If you're concerned that your Mac may have malware, download Malwarebytes and run a manual scan.

Pop Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.