Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad charging issues

My ipad batter health is on 52%. Apple no longer supports battery replacements on my model. It’s been charging with an 18w charger for hours now and won’t turn on. it keeps showing the red battery icon but it shows that it’s charging. Any way to make it turn on?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:57 PM

No. I don't .

There is nothing user DIY in an iPad. Nothing.

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location and try/atempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad diagnosed and options suggested.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 11:57 PM in response to Xer0_Elite

No. I don't .

There is nothing user DIY in an iPad. Nothing.

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location and try/atempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad diagnosed and options suggested.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Feb 16, 2021 12:12 AM in response to Xer0_Elite

We are not here to advocate DIY-ing Apple products.

Just know this.

If something happens with anything with this iPad after you opened it ( like broken connections, non-functioning Apple Touch ID sensor/Hiome button,, ANYTHING ) Apple's responsibilty ends and no Apple location and even these support communities will be able to help you, any longer!

You will be totally on your own if you screw up repairing your iPad Pro.

I would just pay Apple the $99 dollars for the battery replacement cost.

Apple and Apple stores do not actually repair iPads.

To expedite the quickest of customer service, Apple only does in/out of warranty device replacements.

If Apple determines that you have a failed battery AND there is nothing else wrong with this iPad Pro,

for a $99 battery replacement cost, Apple will give you a replacement, refurbished 2016 9.7 inch screen iPad with a 90-day warranty,

The choice is yours.

Good Luck!`

Feb 16, 2021 12:23 AM in response to Xer0_Elite

You are incorrect.

An out of warranty battery replacement is $99, plus tax.

Read the iPad Repair listings again!

As I already stated, IF Apple finds no other issues other than a failed battery, for $99, in lieu of of an actual battery replacement, Apple does a refurbished iPad replacement of your exact iPad Pro model for the $99 tnat has a 90-day warranty with it!

Is there more wrong with your iPad Pro than just a failing battery you haven't divulged?

You have been warned.

Feb 16, 2021 12:36 AM in response to MichelPM

i recently took this ipad to an apple store about two weeks back. they said that my model ipad was no longer supported in battery replacements. hence, the 379 full replacement cost which drove me to buy the ipad pro 11”. apple themselves told me that my model was no longer supported and the guy that tried to put my ipad in for repair saw the button was no longer available to repair the battery only.

ipad charging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.