Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12476486739033557300 asking for access to safari

what is 12476486739033557300 asking for access to safari?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 3:43 AM

Thank you K Shaffer. I guess you were right.

I wiped my Mac clean and reloaded the OS. And Malwarebytes + Avast.(Really do not know if that is the best thing. Apple support recommended Malwarebytes. And I already had Avast subscribed.)

And then restored all needed files from a back up. That shady long number asking for Safari access has vanished. My battery lasts a little longer. And no more messages popping up saying there is low memory (while I knew I had 40 gigs free).

Apple support on the phone was spot on with the help.

Probably was Malware.... and taking up too much battery, memory and peace of mind!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 3:43 AM in response to K Shaffer

Thank you K Shaffer. I guess you were right.

I wiped my Mac clean and reloaded the OS. And Malwarebytes + Avast.(Really do not know if that is the best thing. Apple support recommended Malwarebytes. And I already had Avast subscribed.)

And then restored all needed files from a back up. That shady long number asking for Safari access has vanished. My battery lasts a little longer. And no more messages popping up saying there is low memory (while I knew I had 40 gigs free).

Apple support on the phone was spot on with the help.

Probably was Malware.... and taking up too much battery, memory and peace of mind!

Feb 16, 2021 3:04 AM in response to Rai99

Looks like some kinda lure to catch unsuspecting persons.

I've considered issue, possible cure + replied about it here:

Q: "7606772984189384112 wants access to control Safari" - what is this | ASC

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252456746

Evidence by other names exists; however be that as it may.

Perhaps the comparison & suggestion may help some.

Take care & good luck!

🌞🌿⛵️🌤🎣🏕🐝🌻🌎📫

12476486739033557300 asking for access to safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.