Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to unauthorize one of my devices before I can put itunes on my new computer. Where do I find a list of my other devices so I can delete the itunes on my cell phone

where do i find my devices, so I can remove itunes from one of them , so I can install itunes on my new computer

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:19 AM

See information in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Note that only computer (not iPhones, iPads) are included in the 5 device limit. Also note that if you no longer haves some of th authorized computers you can "Deathorize All" and then authorize any computers you still have and want to use. See the Deauthorize All button in the second screenshot below from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To automatically sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click here. Or follow these steps:

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > View My Account.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  5. On the Account Information page, scroll to the Apple ID Summary section. You'll see the number of computers that you've authorized with your Apple ID. You can’t see the names of those computers. If you haven't authorized 2 or more computers, you won't see this section.

If the number of authorized computers listed is more than what you expect, you might not have deauthorized the computers that you no longer use, gave away, or sold. You need to deauthorize all of your computers and then authorize each one that you still use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 11:19 AM in response to hannababe

See information in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Note that only computer (not iPhones, iPads) are included in the 5 device limit. Also note that if you no longer haves some of th authorized computers you can "Deathorize All" and then authorize any computers you still have and want to use. See the Deauthorize All button in the second screenshot below from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To automatically sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click here. Or follow these steps:

1. On a Mac, open the Music app, Apple TV app, or Apple Books app. On a PC, open iTunes for Windows.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. In the menu bar on your Mac or PC, choose Account > View My Account.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  5. On the Account Information page, scroll to the Apple ID Summary section. You'll see the number of computers that you've authorized with your Apple ID. You can’t see the names of those computers. If you haven't authorized 2 or more computers, you won't see this section.

If the number of authorized computers listed is more than what you expect, you might not have deauthorized the computers that you no longer use, gave away, or sold. You need to deauthorize all of your computers and then authorize each one that you still use.

need to unauthorize one of my devices before I can put itunes on my new computer. Where do I find a list of my other devices so I can delete the itunes on my cell phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.