Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking Photos App between Iphone and Mac AIR Photo app

Some how I lost my auto upload from my iPhone camera to my Mac Air's Photo App. It was working okay then stopped. I was working on combining several Library's into one and along the way did try some adjustments to photo preferences. Anyone have any ideas on what the settings should be on both devices that I may have messed up?

OR does that feature no longer work after upgrading to 11.2.1?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 12:07 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 16, 2021 1:37 PM in response to photo6

No, it should still work fine. I assume you are/were using iCloud photos.

Here is how your preferences should look in photos on your mac - in particular, make sure the button "use as system photos library" is greyed out. If not, click it.

The other thing to check is you still have plenty of space in iCloud and your two devices.

On your phone - settings - tap your name - icloud - check icloud photos is on.

Feb 19, 2021 9:52 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks Tony for replying. I have all those settings on both the iphone and mac air. Still not transferring.

Just tried another test shot with iphone, it appears in photos on my phone but not on my Mac's photo app?

My Apple ID and PW for both pieces is the same. I did have a glitch a few days before this problem arose. I had several Librarys going due to transfers from my old Mac Pro to the Air etc., and I was trying to highlight the System Photo Library apart from all the others by adding an asterisk to the title which did work but broke the system connection. So I corrected my change which developed another new library title. Anyway I reestablished the original library and made it the System Photo Library again.

At least I thought so.

Sorry for this winded disertation but I thought it mighty help?

Any further thoughts?

Thanks.

George

Feb 20, 2021 5:46 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Tony,

Bingo! Thats exactly what was going on. I did noticed the upload link you mention, which had at the time several thousands of photos uploading, but never gave that a thought. It so happens it completed uploading early this morning and there they were my missing photos from my iphone.

Thank you so much for your help and responding to this issue.

Where ever you are located, stay safe and again thank you.

Linking Photos App between Iphone and Mac AIR Photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.