Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove someone from a group text? I clicked on the top and on the I, but it doesn’t let me swipe left ??

How do I remove a person from group text the three dots are not present and the I does not allow me to swipe left?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:36 PM

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. But you can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages (green message bubble).

Add and remove people in group text messages - Apple Support

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 1:36 PM in response to Queenme19

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. But you can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages (green message bubble).

Add and remove people in group text messages - Apple Support

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

How can I remove someone from a group text? I clicked on the top and on the I, but it doesn’t let me swipe left ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.