Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving items from old ipad to new ipad

I have a new iPad Pro with software version 14.4, and up until now I have been using my husband's iPad mini 3 software 12.4.9. How can I transfer one book and one app from the old mini that is registered to him onto my new iPad that is registered to me?

I set up a "family sharing" and invited him to share, but that seems like it is only for purchases I make in the future.

This is not life or death. The app was $3.99 and the book was $10.00.

Any thoughts?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 11:52 PM

Glad it’s (almost) working for you. One wonders why that one book had an issue. Maybe it had a bit more history involved with its original purchase. But I suspect I would have behaved just as you did in this situation.

Hope you and your family enjoy your Apple gear.

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 16, 2021 5:28 PM in response to sberman

I hate to say it, but I still am not doing something correctly.

I have made sure that family sharing is turned on on both ipads and I have checked that the app is eligible for family sharing - but when I go to the app store, I don't see anything from him for "previous purchases" on the mini. The mini doesn't have a "Media & Purchases" - just iTunes and App Store. (I'm not sure that's the issue.)

Same thing with iBooks.

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2021 9:14 PM in response to sberman

I had been tapping the profile pictures. But, it turns out I just needed to walk away for a while. When I tried again a few minutes ago, I was able to download the app to the new iPad and every book from the other ipad - except one. (Instead of having the download icon next to it, it had the $10.00 price. So, I'm not going to worry about it.)

At least I know that it is working.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

moving items from old ipad to new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.