Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My granddaughter and I have been sharing an ipad. I just ordered a new one for her. Is there a way to transfer her apps but not mine to the new ipad?

My granddaughter and I have been sharing an ipad. I just ordered a new one for her. Is there a way to transfer her apps but not mine to the new ipad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:53 AM

First, sharing an iPad with a single AppleID is not recommended - as there is every risk of sensitive and/or personal information (such as account passwords) being inappropriately shared.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for your granddaughter.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

Purchased Apps, these are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 8:53 AM in response to bobcroweSTL

First, sharing an iPad with a single AppleID is not recommended - as there is every risk of sensitive and/or personal information (such as account passwords) being inappropriately shared.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure a new AppleID for your granddaughter.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

Purchased Apps, these are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.