Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring ipads

What if I want my kids to have my old iPad so it will be under my account but I don’t want them to have access to all of my other apps? Do I reset or do I erase ? If I use my account, will it sync all my apps?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:18 PM

The_Flipper21 wrote:

What if I want my kids to have my old iPad so it will be under my account but I don’t want them to have access to all of my other apps? Do I reset or do I erase ? If I use my account, will it sync all my apps?

Thank you for asking first, so we can explain that what you are asking to do here will not work, and will be a mess. Too often, we get folks already sharing an Apple ID, and that ends… badly. Misrouted notifications, merged data, shared photos and passwords, it gets gnarly to clean that up.

The scions here will need their own Apple IDs. Set up Family Sharing.

Your reading:

Family Sharing - Apple

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 6:18 PM in response to The_Flipper21

The_Flipper21 wrote:

Thank you for asking first, so we can explain that what you are asking to do here will not work, and will be a mess. Too often, we get folks already sharing an Apple ID, and that ends… badly. Misrouted notifications, merged data, shared photos and passwords, it gets gnarly to clean that up.

The scions here will need their own Apple IDs. Set up Family Sharing.

Your reading:

Family Sharing - Apple

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Transferring ipads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.