Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my 5 year old granddaughter my old iPad. Mom wants to erase my apps. And then set up as new. Can this be done and not erase the apps on my other devices? She would then like to set up as if a new device under her name

I gave my old iPad to my 5 year old granddaughter. Her mom would like to delete all of the apps and set it up as a new device. We do not want to delete anything from my other devices. Can just the one be erased. Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 5:20 PM

Before giving away the iPad, you need to prepare it properly for use by a new user - as this will erase the device and remove personal/sensitive information; the current Activation Lock (associated with your AppleID), that will otherwise cause issues for the new user, will also be deactivated:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This process will not impact your other devices.

After preparing the iPad, it can again be set-up “as new” by its new owner.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 5:20 PM in response to 7hertricie

Before giving away the iPad, you need to prepare it properly for use by a new user - as this will erase the device and remove personal/sensitive information; the current Activation Lock (associated with your AppleID), that will otherwise cause issues for the new user, will also be deactivated:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

This process will not impact your other devices.

After preparing the iPad, it can again be set-up “as new” by its new owner.

I gave my 5 year old granddaughter my old iPad. Mom wants to erase my apps. And then set up as new. Can this be done and not erase the apps on my other devices? She would then like to set up as if a new device under her name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.