Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I directly get an old version of macOS to to my "Application" for old computer?

Is there a easier way to just download from your official website free from bugs to get any old version of macOS? For an old person like many others who started to learn to use computer lately, trying to get a copy of this is hard. I thought it is a good thing to try to reuse or recycle some old stuffs instead of throwing it away. I bet you also know that many of us couldn't be bothered to think about all these unless face with it. So, hope that you can enlighten me on this as I cannot get it from YouTube or elsewhere.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 12:31 PM

I am surprised and very delighted to receive this early reply. It was a very easy and straight forward download. Then I have gone back to the App Store to check and see if there is really a copy to download but could not find any old versions of macOS. I think it would be very helpful if they are made available to those who can't afford to buy new computers or some who have problem with the old mac operating system to reload this again. I can't thank you enough for your time and effort to help me and others. Much appreciate for this and may God bless you. Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 12:31 PM in response to mario49

I am surprised and very delighted to receive this early reply. It was a very easy and straight forward download. Then I have gone back to the App Store to check and see if there is really a copy to download but could not find any old versions of macOS. I think it would be very helpful if they are made available to those who can't afford to buy new computers or some who have problem with the old mac operating system to reload this again. I can't thank you enough for your time and effort to help me and others. Much appreciate for this and may God bless you. Cheers!

How can I directly get an old version of macOS to to my "Application" for old computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.