Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay and Podcasts doesn't show downloaded podcasts from iPhone

I have all the podcasts I want downloaded onto my Podcast app. I want only those downloaded podcasts to show up on my Carplay podcasts screen. I have disabled downloading new podcasts over cellular.

However, the only podcasts that appear in Carplay are random podcasts from different shows that haven't been downloaded yet (cloud icon next to them) and when I tap one, it doesn't play because the "cannot download over cellular" error pops up.

How do I get only the podcasts that I have downloaded to show up in my podcast library on Carplay?

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:41 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2021 8:48 AM in response to tyler82

Hello, tyler82.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like the Podcasts app to only play downloaded podcasts when you're connected to CarPlay. It sounds like you may have it set to either play the latest episodes from your subscriptions or to stream popular content when you're connected to CarPlay.

There isn't a setting to choose only from downloaded episodes, but setting it to play from your library and having your episodes automatically downloaded might work. This article will explain how:

Listen with Apple Podcasts - Apple Support

Warmest Regards.

CarPlay and Podcasts doesn't show downloaded podcasts from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.