Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I am in split screen on my Mac I can only get half the screen. The other half says no available windows and also I cannot get the menu to appear at the bottom. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

When I am in split screen on my Mac I can only get half the screen. The other half says no available windows and also I cannot get the menu to appear at the bottom. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 1:46 PM

I think the Apple Website advice is really poor on this. I accept i am not the best when it comes to computers but I reckon a lot of people who buy macs are not either. You need to have at least two screens open. Put the two you want on exit full screen NOT minimised. They dont work on screens open but minimised. Then still in not full screen mode you click on one to the right and then you can get the other on the left. My mistake was trying to do it when one is minimised. They all need to be properly open just not on full screen. Hope that makes sense.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 1:46 PM in response to kingsley87

I think the Apple Website advice is really poor on this. I accept i am not the best when it comes to computers but I reckon a lot of people who buy macs are not either. You need to have at least two screens open. Put the two you want on exit full screen NOT minimised. They dont work on screens open but minimised. Then still in not full screen mode you click on one to the right and then you can get the other on the left. My mistake was trying to do it when one is minimised. They all need to be properly open just not on full screen. Hope that makes sense.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.