Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone security

My ex boyfriend said that he hacked my phone and I wanted to know is it possible? And how I can check that if someone hacked my iPhone?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 3:03 PM

Hacking the phone itself is nearly impossible. However, getting into your iCloud account can be done if the person knows, or can guess your password. They also need to your your user account name, but since those are usually an email address and he knows yours, then he already has that info.

Go to icloud.com and login to your account. Click Account Settings under your name. Under My Devices, check to see what devices are associated your account. Do you see any that do not belong to you?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Simona1283

Hacking the phone itself is nearly impossible. However, getting into your iCloud account can be done if the person knows, or can guess your password. They also need to your your user account name, but since those are usually an email address and he knows yours, then he already has that info.

Go to icloud.com and login to your account. Click Account Settings under your name. Under My Devices, check to see what devices are associated your account. Do you see any that do not belong to you?

Feb 19, 2021 2:55 PM in response to Simona1283

Hello Simona,

Use the built-in security and privacy protections of iPhone on the page here. No one will be able to access your device if they don't have your passcode.

Make sure to keep your Apple ID password private by changing it with the steps under "Keep your Apple ID secure"

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in and remove any devices you don't use anymore or are not yours.

Contact Apple Support if you have any additional security concerns.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

iPhone security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.