Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode expired

I keep getting a message that my phone's passcode has expired and I need to reset it. I have done the force shut down and it comes back up but the message keeps appearing. I also just got a message that someone near Atlanta was trying to log in which I denied. How do I keep this message from coming back?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 8:38 AM

Is this iPhone issued by your workplace or prior employer? It appears that there is a profile installed which is reminding you to change your passcode. You can change your passcode to comply by opening Settings ➔ Face ID & Passcode ➔ Change Passcode.

If the iPhone is yours and you want to remove the reminder to change your passcode periodically then you can open Settings ➔ General ➔ Profile: Select the Profile that appears and then choose Remove Profile.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Thumbuster

Is this iPhone issued by your workplace or prior employer? It appears that there is a profile installed which is reminding you to change your passcode. You can change your passcode to comply by opening Settings ➔ Face ID & Passcode ➔ Change Passcode.

If the iPhone is yours and you want to remove the reminder to change your passcode periodically then you can open Settings ➔ General ➔ Profile: Select the Profile that appears and then choose Remove Profile.

Axel F.

Passcode expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.