Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble creating an icloud email address

I am having trouble creating an icloud email address. I tried my usual address it said already taken. Then I tried one it recommended but it said having trouble creating email - try again.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 6:27 AM

Greetings pete099,

We understand that you are having some difficulty creating anew Apple ID account, and we'd like to help. Begin by following the guidance found here:

How to create a new Apple ID

Take care.

2 replies

Feb 21, 2021 10:12 AM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49. Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I was not very clear in describing my problem. I have a good apple ID. It is my email address. When I try to create an Icloud.com email account it does not allow an email address as the name input ( name@icloud .com). It will not create an icloud email account with any other name I enter as a potential ID - not even the ones it suggests. I think there may be some kind of conflict with using my email address as my Apple ID. I'm stuck. I cannot create an icloud email address. Any ideas.

pete099

I am having trouble creating an icloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.