Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 - Flickering Screen

My MacBook Air has had a multitude of screen problems that seem to keep dragging me back to the store, and now that I've just gotten it back, I'm having another one. The screen will occasionally (once every other day or so) flicker with what seemed to be little distorted boxes, either a green/light blue and black speckled tint. Today, it has happened 3-4 times. I tried changing things such as true tone like I've seen in many other forum posts, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm trying to figure out what this could be before I lose my laptop again for weeks at a time. I'm a college student doing mostly virtual classes, and the Apple Store never gives me conclusive answers to my questions and has taken up to four weeks to get me my laptop back (despite promising it to me within a week) previously. Please help me determine what this may be.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 4:03 AM

I recommend that you take your MacBook Air back to the Apple Store and explain the screen flickering issue. If you can duplicate the issue at the Apple Store then even better. I know that you may not get your MacBook Air for a few days however that is better than working with a MacBook that may freeze up on your without notice.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 4:03 AM in response to nicollee

I recommend that you take your MacBook Air back to the Apple Store and explain the screen flickering issue. If you can duplicate the issue at the Apple Store then even better. I know that you may not get your MacBook Air for a few days however that is better than working with a MacBook that may freeze up on your without notice.

Axel F.

Feb 17, 2021 10:58 PM in response to nicollee

I am sure that the Apple Store already tried the software methods of troubleshooting so will not list those here. That leads to the hardware troubleshooting. There are three critical components for the screen to operate normally. These are the Display, Connecting cable and the Logic Board. One of these could be failing. Do you know whether the Apple Store made any repairs or replacements related to the above three?

Axel F.

MacBook Air 2020 - Flickering Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.