Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail doesn't function properly

Has anyone else ever had an issue where they can’t see when they get voicemails? Not only do I not have Visual Voicemail (or an option to set it up), I don't even get any sort of numerical notification that I've got a message (which is how things worked before Visual Voicemail existed, if I recall). I have to actually call my voicemail to find out IF I have any messages, and then sit there and listen to the robotic voice read out every detail before even getting to hear the message, like it's 2009. Heck, even home answering machines had flashing lights that told you if you had messages or not... I currently have 8 new voicemail messages, but you'd never know it without actually calling voicemail and putting in the password - see screenshot.

I’ve already tried restarting (duh), Reset Network Settings and Reset All Settings. I’ve been on calls with both Apple and my carrier, Spectrum, to no avail. (Side note that may or may not be relevant: Spectrum is not listed as supporting Visual Voicemail on the Apple website, but I'm on my boyfriend's plan and he DOES have Visual Voicemail. He transferred his plan from Verizon so might be grandfathered in... however, Spectrum supposedly piggy-backs on Verizon's network so I wouldn't think that would be an issue and neither did Tech Support. Plus, I transferred from Verizon as well - although I changed my carrier AND my phone; he did not change phones.)

The last resort suggested by Apple is to do a total wipe/reset of my phone WITHOUT restoring anything from a backup. This is my SECOND iPhone 12 Pro Max because the first one had problems too, so this would be the THIRD time in two months I've taken the time to set up a phone because of these issues, so I'm not thrilled to waste several more hours doing that.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 10:37 PM

Update: after bouncing around between FIVE different tech support people at both Apple and Spectrum, the last one I just spoke with fixed my issue!!!! She happened to have an iPhone 12 too, and apparently had the same problem. So while the last guy I spoke with, who was otherwise very knowledgeable and told me he had 6 years of experience at Apple, said the only fix was to wipe my phone clean and lose everything, this chick who just started at Spectrum fixed the problem in TWO MINUTES, while I was waiting for a supervisor to be available! 

Hopefully this can help someone else: on my end, she had me go to Settings > Cellular and toggle Cellular Data on and off. Then she reset the data connection on her end (at least, I think that's what she said), and suddenly, my messages appeared! Hallelujah!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2021 10:37 PM in response to EllsBellsNC

Update: after bouncing around between FIVE different tech support people at both Apple and Spectrum, the last one I just spoke with fixed my issue!!!! She happened to have an iPhone 12 too, and apparently had the same problem. So while the last guy I spoke with, who was otherwise very knowledgeable and told me he had 6 years of experience at Apple, said the only fix was to wipe my phone clean and lose everything, this chick who just started at Spectrum fixed the problem in TWO MINUTES, while I was waiting for a supervisor to be available! 

Hopefully this can help someone else: on my end, she had me go to Settings > Cellular and toggle Cellular Data on and off. Then she reset the data connection on her end (at least, I think that's what she said), and suddenly, my messages appeared! Hallelujah!

Voicemail doesn't function properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.