Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot is gone on my MacBook

The screenshot function has stopped working. When I take a screenshot, the image will not lie on the desktop. It settles nowhere. I'm searching for the picture but it's not there. I have checked the settings on the keyboard and restored the default settings on the screenshot, but it still does not work. Any advice on what can be done?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 3:56 AM

EllaKunst wrote:

The screenshot function has stopped working. When I take a screenshot, the image will not lie on the desktop. It settles nowhere. I'm searching for the picture but it's not there. I have checked the settings on the keyboard and restored the default settings on the screenshot, but it still does not work. Any advice on what can be done?

Change your Options

Shift Command 5 >>Options

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 3:56 AM in response to EllaKunst

EllaKunst wrote:

Change your Options

Shift Command 5 >>Options

Take screenshots or screen recordings on Mac - Apple Support

Screenshot is gone on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.