Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hacked iphone or mac?

i have a fear that someone (that i know) has recently gotten all of my personal info for all of my day to day administrative obligations: bank usernames & passwords, credit card usernames and passwords, etc. Although I do change my settings to be as private as possible, I fear he may have put something on my phone and my laptop because it wasn't until after he left to go back to his job in another state, did i notice my face id, startup menu, etc were all funky and had changed enough for me to notice.

so here' s my question, i frequently have to change my passwords because i forget them (i'm old) and so when i did this with one of my gmail accounts, the device "**** phone " came up and then prompted me to the device name cpu ****** which i'm assuming after reading other concerns when i go into settings: general : about : this should be the name of my device. which it's not. is this just me being paranoid?

also, how can you detect if someone has spyware on my phone. is there a specific company i can pay to "sweep" my iphone and mac, or would apple be able to help me.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

yours truly

fear of being stalked by an ex

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 5:11 AM

Hello,

No, your phone has probably not been hacked. If someone had physical access to your phone and knew the screen unlock passcode, they might have been able to install undesirable apps. Check and remove any apps that you do not recognize.

If someone seems to have access to your data, the more likely scenario is that they know your Apple ID password, and are getting your data from the iCloud. If you think that this might be the situation, change your Apple ID password immediately. See this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 5:11 AM in response to verify_device_name

Hello,

No, your phone has probably not been hacked. If someone had physical access to your phone and knew the screen unlock passcode, they might have been able to install undesirable apps. Check and remove any apps that you do not recognize.

If someone seems to have access to your data, the more likely scenario is that they know your Apple ID password, and are getting your data from the iCloud. If you think that this might be the situation, change your Apple ID password immediately. See this:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Good luck.

hacked iphone or mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.