📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VAT Refund - Physical Purchase from UK and Stamped with VAT Return form duly stamped at airport

VAT Refund - Physical Purchase from UK and Stamped with VAT Return form duly stamped at airport

Hi - Any experts who can help me how to reach a team responsible who will process and refund the VAT on the two apple phones I have purchased in UK apple store, have collected VAT return form duly filled in by the retailer with sign and invoice, have submitted and stamped at Heathrow T2 VAT Return/Refunds counter but still there is no sign of refund to the bank account detailed in the form

I have tried to reach HMRC VAT team who have clarified that they do not/can not offer help as its the retailer who need to process it. As per timelines of 6 to 8 weeks which I have waited after the request was submitted on 18th Dec at exit from UK - after 2 months, I still dont have any update on this

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 6:44 AM

You have also probably got caught up in Brexit issues. So many laws are changing with respect to intenrational trade, I'm guessing things at HMRC are chaotic right now.

Plus, as far as I can see, from First of Jan, vat free sales/refunds are not possible from 1st Jan

https://www.trbusiness.com/regional-news/europe/major-blow-to-uk-tax-free-as-government-formalises-abolition/199762

I'd be prepared to bet your refund wasn't processed in December, and now there is confusion about whether it can even be processed.

Sorry - but I've no idea how you can resolve this.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2021 6:44 AM in response to nileshkt

You have also probably got caught up in Brexit issues. So many laws are changing with respect to intenrational trade, I'm guessing things at HMRC are chaotic right now.

Plus, as far as I can see, from First of Jan, vat free sales/refunds are not possible from 1st Jan

https://www.trbusiness.com/regional-news/europe/major-blow-to-uk-tax-free-as-government-formalises-abolition/199762

I'd be prepared to bet your refund wasn't processed in December, and now there is confusion about whether it can even be processed.

Sorry - but I've no idea how you can resolve this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.