Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broke old phone, lost Apple ID password.

The screen on my phone broke, so I got a new phone. The problem is, I don’t know my password to my apple account. I’ve been through the “password reset” method a few times, even entered my credit card that is in file, but inevitably I get the message “your account has been locked. More information will be available in 24hrs.” I waited 24 hrs, tried again, and ended up with “more info will be available in 2 days.”

So I created a new Apple ID, but still don’t have all my contacts, etc. My phone number is the same, of course.

There must be a way to retrieve/reset my account information without using my old phone...

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 11:51 AM

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

The only way to reset it instantly is to remember the password and sign into your Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 11:51 AM in response to njf88

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

The only way to reset it instantly is to remember the password and sign into your Apple ID.

Broke old phone, lost Apple ID password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.