Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code

trying to get a verification code on my new phone but my new trusted number isn’t recognized. There sending the code to my old number I don’t have anymore or anyway to access it. Can I reset the trusted number for an iCloud email or turn off the two factor without having the verification code?

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:10 AM

Sounds like it wants you to start account recovery to update to your new number. While their online support article says for forgotten password, account recovery steps are also for a new phone number if you can’t sign in to update the number. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Keep in mind, Account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where iforgot.apple.com will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Hunterngigi

Sounds like it wants you to start account recovery to update to your new number. While their online support article says for forgotten password, account recovery steps are also for a new phone number if you can’t sign in to update the number. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Keep in mind, Account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where iforgot.apple.com will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately.

Verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.