Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

terminal not working

hi, I recently deleted home-brew using terminal and straight after it stoped letting me type anything into it. I have already tried Q , and force quitting and starting it again but no luck. it seems to work fine when i use it on another profile but not the one which I used to delete home-brew.

Ive attached a picture of the error I'm getting.

thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 4:34 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 18, 2021 6:27 PM in response to Armz2021

Armz2021 wrote:

sorry to be so anoying but do you know anything about why codeblocks will not execute the code I get this error and no one seems to know how to resolve it not even my uni professor.
I guess its a apple thing lol
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/42196aa3-96d7-40ac-a9e2-a78d3e9420ad

Did you install codeblocks..(?)

Did you give it permission to install—

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General

Do you have to give it Full Disk Access from

>System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy> Full Disk Access

Feb 18, 2021 5:28 PM in response to Armz2021

and I've already checked the general tab its on default.

Open Users & Groups system prefs, unlock the padlock, and ctrl-click on your user. Choose Advanced Options…

Make sure the default shell is set to /bin/zsh

Other possibility is the shell tab of the default profile in the Profiles tab of preferences. Make sure it isn't running a command at startup.

terminal not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.