Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Camera

I just got a MackBook Pro 13-inch 2020 M1 barely 2 weeks ago and I noticed that the FaceTime Camera is blurry and grainy - no matter what app I use it with (Phone Booth, FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, you name it).

I have seen similar issues reported with current MackBook Air machines but nothing about the model I have.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any advice to fix it?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:05 AM

Follow Up:

I just came back from the Apple Store and the Apple Genius I talked to was nice enough to do a camera comparison with another MBP from the store and showed me that both cameras were essentially the same low and underwhelming quality. So, this is the same issue people are reporting with the FaceTime Camera on recent MacBook Air computers.

Disappointing to learn that Apple is still shipping "premium" products in 2021 with FaceTime Cameras that are basically the same as the ones found in 2014 models.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 9:05 AM in response to Mercurio5

Follow Up:

I just came back from the Apple Store and the Apple Genius I talked to was nice enough to do a camera comparison with another MBP from the store and showed me that both cameras were essentially the same low and underwhelming quality. So, this is the same issue people are reporting with the FaceTime Camera on recent MacBook Air computers.

Disappointing to learn that Apple is still shipping "premium" products in 2021 with FaceTime Cameras that are basically the same as the ones found in 2014 models.

FaceTime Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.