Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone suddenly can't connect wifi when the private address is on

My iPhone suddenly can't connect wifi when the private address is on. I want to use the private address as before, but I can only connect wifi when the private address is off. I reset network settings several times, but it's not working.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 6:19 PM

The issue, more than likely, is with your router. Did you or your ISP change something in the settings of your router? Before we check that, you can try a simple technique which is to unplug your router for about 40 seconds and then plugging it back into electrical power. Then connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network and ensure that you can connect to the internet. After that, turn Private Address back to ON. See whether you can still connect to the internet.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2021 6:19 PM in response to xw145

The issue, more than likely, is with your router. Did you or your ISP change something in the settings of your router? Before we check that, you can try a simple technique which is to unplug your router for about 40 seconds and then plugging it back into electrical power. Then connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network and ensure that you can connect to the internet. After that, turn Private Address back to ON. See whether you can still connect to the internet.

Axel F.

iPhone suddenly can't connect wifi when the private address is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.