You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil shows random Lines

Using the Apple Pencil with my iPad shows random horizontal lines and I don't know what to do. The service centre had advised me that there is no issue with either of the devices.

Details:

iPad Pro 11" (Second Generation) along with the Apple Pencil (Second Generation).

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 4:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 12:30 PM

To, date, no one, including Apple have NOT been able to isolate this issue.

No one knows if this is a hardware or software issue or a combination of both.

I, personally, suspect an issue with the iPad's underlying screen digitising hardware layer and an issue with palm rejection.

I have been using a thick drawing/writing, lycra material based drawing/writing glove with my iPad Pros for qute a few years now.

The glove isolates the electrical impulses of body ( in this case the palm or side of your hand ) from being absolutely undetected by the iPad's screen.

I have been using ine of these for years with my Apple Pencil and other smart Bluetooth stylii and have never had any issues with erratic or stray marks in my Apple Pencil/third party stylii compatible apps.

The glove is, also, suffificiently slippery to allow much smoother hand gliding across the iPad's screen ( with no hand/skin smudge marks on the screen ) for better drawing and writing.

If you wish to try one of these for yourself, here are, but two to be found on Amazon.

There are a few other makers of these iPad/tablet glove, as well.

The ones I use seem not to be available from Amazon, any longer.

Here is something similar, like these found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/AKX-Rejection-Drawing-Graphic-Sketching/dp/B08R6PWKC9/ref=sr_1_33_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=tablet+drawing+gloves&qid=1611535160&sr=8-33-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMFg5WFBZWFpCS1kmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5OTA2MzMxRUVYUURUMlAwVU4wJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNDY1NjMxVjg1NE45TVRXSUQ3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmX25leHQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.amazon.com/Timebetter-Rejection-Drawing-Sketching-Suitable/dp/B08DKGHYMS/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=drawing+gloves&qid=1611533128&sr=8-21

Some other glove makers, like these examples, found on Amazon, as well.

Best of Luck to You

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2021 12:30 PM in response to Rocks623

To, date, no one, including Apple have NOT been able to isolate this issue.

No one knows if this is a hardware or software issue or a combination of both.

I, personally, suspect an issue with the iPad's underlying screen digitising hardware layer and an issue with palm rejection.

I have been using a thick drawing/writing, lycra material based drawing/writing glove with my iPad Pros for qute a few years now.

The glove isolates the electrical impulses of body ( in this case the palm or side of your hand ) from being absolutely undetected by the iPad's screen.

I have been using ine of these for years with my Apple Pencil and other smart Bluetooth stylii and have never had any issues with erratic or stray marks in my Apple Pencil/third party stylii compatible apps.

The glove is, also, suffificiently slippery to allow much smoother hand gliding across the iPad's screen ( with no hand/skin smudge marks on the screen ) for better drawing and writing.

If you wish to try one of these for yourself, here are, but two to be found on Amazon.

There are a few other makers of these iPad/tablet glove, as well.

The ones I use seem not to be available from Amazon, any longer.

Here is something similar, like these found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/AKX-Rejection-Drawing-Graphic-Sketching/dp/B08R6PWKC9/ref=sr_1_33_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=tablet+drawing+gloves&qid=1611535160&sr=8-33-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMFg5WFBZWFpCS1kmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5OTA2MzMxRUVYUURUMlAwVU4wJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNDY1NjMxVjg1NE45TVRXSUQ3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmX25leHQmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

https://www.amazon.com/Timebetter-Rejection-Drawing-Sketching-Suitable/dp/B08DKGHYMS/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=drawing+gloves&qid=1611533128&sr=8-21

Some other glove makers, like these examples, found on Amazon, as well.

Best of Luck to You

Apple Pencil shows random Lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.