Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi/Bluetooth is not Actually turning off, when we turn off from the drop down options!!

Hey Team,

I'm using an iPhone11 model with iOS 14.4V. Recently I've noticed a problem with it. i.e. when I turn off the WiFi or Bluetooth from the iPhone drop-down list, it's actually not turning off at the backend. That is still on, if we want to turn it off completely we need to go to settings and then turn it off. This is not expected, isn't it?

Why this is happening like so? please explain us someone!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 6:58 AM

You are absolutely correct. You can turn OFF Wi-FI / Bluetooth from the Control Center and those features will be OFF however only until the next day OR when you reach another area with a different Wi-Fi Network. If you want to turn the features OFF completely then, as you have learned, turn them OFF by going into settings.

How can this feature be useful? Let's say that you are at work and connected to your work's Wi-Fi. You then decide to not use that Wi-Fi network and turn it OFF from the Control Center. When you get home then the iPhone will automatically connect to your home Wi-Fi Network. This feature really helps when you want to quickly disconnect from a bad / poor Wi-Fi Network but still connect again automatically when the iPhone comes near another Wi-Fi Network.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 6:58 AM in response to Patil_i11

You are absolutely correct. You can turn OFF Wi-FI / Bluetooth from the Control Center and those features will be OFF however only until the next day OR when you reach another area with a different Wi-Fi Network. If you want to turn the features OFF completely then, as you have learned, turn them OFF by going into settings.

How can this feature be useful? Let's say that you are at work and connected to your work's Wi-Fi. You then decide to not use that Wi-Fi network and turn it OFF from the Control Center. When you get home then the iPhone will automatically connect to your home Wi-Fi Network. This feature really helps when you want to quickly disconnect from a bad / poor Wi-Fi Network but still connect again automatically when the iPhone comes near another Wi-Fi Network.

Axel F.

WiFi/Bluetooth is not Actually turning off, when we turn off from the drop down options!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.