Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth-WiFi Overriding On

I have turned off my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth both from the pull down menu AND in settings and within 10-30 minutes I’ll notice BOTH have been turned on again. Every. ****. Day. Why does my iPhone seem to think I HAVE to keep my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and locations on 24-7?!

how can I disable this to prevent the phone from turning back on?

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 5:25 PM

Your mistake might be turning it off from both, which confuses it. Turn it off in Settings only if you want it off (although there is no good reason to, and turning them off makes Find My less useful).

Although it occurs to me what may be happening is a conflict with your instructions. Go to Settings/[your name]/Find My and tap on Find My iPhone. Do you have Find My Network turned on? If you do, that feature requires that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth be on, and possibly that overrides turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. That’s just an educated guess, as I have Find My Network on, and I never turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If you want Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to stay off you will have to disable this feature.

Oh, and they also have to be on if you have Air Tags linked to the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 5:25 PM in response to Crystal_Witch_Cat_Lady

Your mistake might be turning it off from both, which confuses it. Turn it off in Settings only if you want it off (although there is no good reason to, and turning them off makes Find My less useful).

Although it occurs to me what may be happening is a conflict with your instructions. Go to Settings/[your name]/Find My and tap on Find My iPhone. Do you have Find My Network turned on? If you do, that feature requires that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth be on, and possibly that overrides turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. That’s just an educated guess, as I have Find My Network on, and I never turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. If you want Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to stay off you will have to disable this feature.

Oh, and they also have to be on if you have Air Tags linked to the phone.

Bluetooth-WiFi Overriding On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.