Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not updating anything on Mojave

I've seen several posts about this issue, but it haven't affected me until today. Checked various posts/replies, but it seems like Apple has yet to address this issue.

Has anyone seen/found a working solution for this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 2:15 AM

My only solution at this time is to kill the "appstoreagent" in Activity Monitor after open the APP Store App. After this you can download Updates or new APPs.

You must do this after any System restart.

8 replies

Feb 24, 2021 7:35 AM in response to gyvermac

Same problem with 10.14.6

Launch the AppStore THEN kill the "appstoreagent". For me if the AppStore was not running you still saw and could kill the "appstoreagent" but that did not work.

I like Apple but somethings they just leave the "old stuff" behind for OS updates. I would gladly go beyond Mojave but I still have a few 32 bit apps where I don't have an easy replacement.

Feb 26, 2021 2:36 PM in response to gyvermac

Thank you!!

This is working. It is not fast to install like it used to be and still is on my non-mojave iMac but at least now it is installing updates and apps I have purchased on my other iMac but could not download on my Mojave iMac.

Hopefully Apple fixes it. There are many apps and Apple computers that cannot be "upgraded" but I expect Apple will effectively EOL Mojave well before they do so officially and too bad for everyone that still needs to use it.

~Chris

App Store not updating anything on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.