Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an iPad 2 on Activation Lock, I have reset the user name and password and it still will not unlock! i did try erasing it and did remove two ipads from the acount with my android phone now I cant use find my..in apple.its driving me insane

iPad 2 stuck on Activation Lock, I have reset the Apple ID and Password already and it still refuses to activate. this all began over a year ago when our grandbaby caused it to go into device lock we couldnt get it out of that so it went into the closet until a couple weeks back I got it down in hopes Cole can now use it since he is old enough to be in school, it would be very useful for his remote learning from home due to Covid. I did after getting it down try erasing it from the icloud account with my Android phone and did manage to remove two iPads and an iPhone from the Apple ID Account Im sure this iPad was in..Im wondering if this is where I screwed up!! we have had only 2 iPads our very first one and this one, the first we bought new, this one I bought on Ebay..but it was wiped clean from the former owner and I activated it myself when it arrived. I contacted Apple Support and explained the situation to them, however they dont seem to care! not everyone can afford to run out and buy a new Apple product!! at least we cant right now..Raising a grandchild is tough enough!! i cant access the darn EMIE number because I cant get into the device..surely if I could get that far I may be able to get it back going,,but as of now,,Im at the end of my know how!! I have seached and searched for a remedy even some of that crazy stuff on youtube!! LORD HELP!! why that stuff worke for those people but just dont seem to wanna work for me is beyond me!! Look...im not sittting here at home trying to activate a stolen iPad! i did try searching my Ebay account to see if I could find the date and purchase info but I assume its been too long!! we bought the White ipad 2 from a nice older guy from I think seattle but im not real sure but again, he wiped all of his info out and has no ties to the device!! can somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me get this thing off of Activation lock???? we paid good money for it and it has the latest version of IOS on it now I think..I just need someone that knows what to do with this thing. Apple doesnt seem to want to assist me in any way,,,What thanks we get for spending our money on their products!! ANY help will be greatly appreciated! we do have one of the older 27in iMac machines that was running Snow leopard but it took a...... well it isnt working either..so..im using my HP laptop. I welcome any and all help I can muster in this timeless Endevor!!

thank you

Ginger and Wade

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:00 AM

Workhorse1970 wrote:

iPad 2 stuck on Activation Lock, I have reset the Apple ID and Password already and it still refuses to activate. this all began over a year ago when our grandbaby caused it to go into device lock we couldnt get it out of that so it went into the closet until a couple weeks back I got it down in hopes Cole can now use it since he is old enough to be in school, it would be very useful for his remote learning from home due to Covid. I did after getting it down try erasing it from the icloud account with my Android phone and did manage to remove two iPads and an iPhone from the Apple ID Account Im sure this iPad was in..Im wondering if this is where I screwed up!! we have had only 2 iPads our very first one and this one, the first we bought new, this one I bought on Ebay..but it was wiped clean from the former owner and I activated it myself when it arrived. I contacted Apple Support and explained the situation to them, however they dont seem to care! not everyone can afford to run out and buy a new Apple product!! at least we cant right now..Raising a grandchild is tough enough!! i cant access the darn EMIE number because I cant get into the device..surely if I could get that far I may be able to get it back going,,but as of now,,Im at the end of my know how!! I have seached and searched for a remedy even some of that crazy stuff on youtube!! LORD HELP!! why that stuff worke for those people but just dont seem to wanna work for me is beyond me!! Look...im not sittting here at home trying to activate a stolen iPad! i did try searching my Ebay account to see if I could find the date and purchase info but I assume its been too long!! we bought the White ipad 2 from a nice older guy from I think seattle but im not real sure but again, he wiped all of his info out and has no ties to the device!! can somebody PLEASE PLEASE help me get this thing off of Activation lock???? we paid good money for it and it has the latest version of IOS on it now I think..I just need someone that knows what to do with this thing. Apple doesnt seem to want to assist me in any way,,,What thanks we get for spending our money on their products!! ANY help will be greatly appreciated! we do have one of the older 27in iMac machines that was running Snow leopard but it took a...... well it isnt working either..so..im using my HP laptop. I welcome any and all help I can muster in this timeless Endevor!!
thank you
Ginger and Wade johnson
Eastman, Georgia.. United States

you click here How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 10:00 AM in response to Workhorse1970

Workhorse1970 wrote:

thank you
Ginger and Wade johnson
Eastman, Georgia.. United States

you click here How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

i have an iPad 2 on Activation Lock, I have reset the user name and password and it still will not unlock! i did try erasing it and did remove two ipads from the acount with my android phone now I cant use find my..in apple.its driving me insane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.