You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier unlock IPAD

are all iPads carrier unlocked? I have a 1st Gen iPad Pro 9.7” WiFi+ 4g. I am selling it, and I need to make sure that it is unlocked. I purchased it at Best Buy, BUT at the ATT station that the have in store.

Also, if it is unlocked, can it be used on any major network? The model # is MLYL2LL/A

thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 10:48 AM

If you didn’t finance it with AT&T then it should not be locked. AT&T carrier locks devices purchased from them using their AT&T finance offers. They will only unlock those once the finance terms are met. But if not financed, they don’t lock them.

5 replies

Feb 19, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Hlybby90

iPad devices purchased directly from Apple are not Carrier locked.

iPad devices purchased from a Cellular Carrier may be Carrier/Subsidy Locked. Not all Carriers apply a Carrier Lock - and of those that do potentially apply the lock, whether or not a lock is applied upon purchase might be determined by your contract.

If a Carrier Lock has been applied, only the Carrier can remove it - for which they will often levy a charge.

Carrier unlock IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.