Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset password with Apple ID message ok can e

I am trying to reset my MacBook Air password because I can’t get in. I am using my Apple ID, but I keep getting this message and cancel goes back to sign in screen, ok goes back to restart

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 7:29 PM

Hi mica133,

This is expected as part of the password reset process. When prompted, select OK to continue.

What this means: If you told your computer to remember the password for an encrypted volume, or if you stored any passwords in your Login keychain (not iCloud Keychain), those will be lost. You can always re-add them to your new Login keychain.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 7:29 PM in response to mica133

Hi mica133,

This is expected as part of the password reset process. When prompted, select OK to continue.

What this means: If you told your computer to remember the password for an encrypted volume, or if you stored any passwords in your Login keychain (not iCloud Keychain), those will be lost. You can always re-add them to your new Login keychain.

Reset password with Apple ID message ok can e

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.