Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i got an IPhone XR would i be able to take my sim card from my old phone and put it in the XR?

I’m getting my IPhone XR soon.

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 2:34 PM

8 replies

Feb 19, 2021 2:51 PM in response to Botamon23

Botamon23 wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.

I would absolutely not transfer this SIM card. First of all, Apple keeps (and reads) absolutely no data on/from this SIM. You bring data over as shown here.

Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Your new iPhone should come with a SIM (unless you specifically request no SIM). Use it.

Feb 20, 2021 6:56 AM in response to sberman

I constantly transfer SIM cards form an Android Phone to an iPhone during my travels without issue. All I am concerned about is cellular service (calls and data) from Android based phone to an iPhone. No issues.

You are correct that all data remains as is on each of the phones however that is what I exactly want. I believe OP is only concerned about moving Cellular service to the iPhone XR and did not expect the data to move automatically with the SIM card. I, however, may be incorrect of my assessment of OP's thoughts.

Axel F.

if i got an IPhone XR would i be able to take my sim card from my old phone and put it in the XR?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.