Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 mac mini external mic

I am using M1 mac mini and I would like to plug in an external mic. I saw that the mac mini has only 1 audio input, and I have a USB-C to Headphone Jack Adapter. The first time I plugged this adapter in it worked and it was showned in: System Preferences -> Sound -> Input. Now it is being shown in the Output section and the mic is not working.

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:07 AM

What USB Audio adapter do you have?

If you have a two port audio adapter, check to make sure that the microphone is plugged into the input side of the USB adapter.

If you have a single port USB audio adapter, then those are also for headsets like the Mac Mini's single audio port and you need to get a two port USB audio adapter.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 8:07 AM in response to NedJulpie

What USB Audio adapter do you have?

If you have a two port audio adapter, check to make sure that the microphone is plugged into the input side of the USB adapter.

If you have a single port USB audio adapter, then those are also for headsets like the Mac Mini's single audio port and you need to get a two port USB audio adapter.

M1 mac mini external mic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.