Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K with Homepod

With Apple TV 4K box, can I direct audio to my HomePod? Primary reason for getting the Apple TV is so that I can watch music videos from Apple Music.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 5:41 AM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2021 7:05 AM in response to dennyup

Can you also use the Apple TV 4K box as a conduit to the TV, and stream from my iPhone? In other words, if I have content on my iPhone that I want to project to the TV and view it that way, can I use AirPlay to Apple TV & an HDMI cable?

Yes, that is how I use it with AirPlay.

My TV is Airplay Enabled (forget what Apple calls it)

Apple calls is AirPlay-enabled as well (AirPlay 2-enabled, to be precise).

but it doesn't work all that well and tends to freeze.

That may require some investigation of your home network, to optimize signal strength and minimize interference. AirPlay is not a peer-to-peer connection, but it goes via your router/access point.

Feb 20, 2021 6:44 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks. Can you also use the Apple TV 4K box as a conduit to the TV, and stream from my iPhone? In other words, if I have content on my iPhone that I want to project to the TV and view it that way, can I use AirPlay to Apple TV & an HDMI cable? My TV is Airplay Enabled (forget what Apple calls it) but it doesn't work all that well and tends to freeze.

Feb 20, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Home network is perfect -fiberoptic- and works extremely well with everything, but the TV itself (Samsung) has trouble maintaining its WiFi connection, which from what I've been reading, is typical of Samsung televisions. I frequently have to uninstall the wifi setup from the TV and reinstall it; it'll then run fine for a few days, but find that I have to repeat the process after that. With an HDMI from the Apple TV box to the TV itself, I think I can remedy that.

Apple TV 4K with Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.