Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The home button doesn’t see my fingerprint

It worked until a few days ago, not now. Can’t add a fingerprint because button doesn’t “see” it. Cleaned button, fingers clean (none are recognized) and restarted iPad. Same problem

any idea?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:52 AM

Follow the instructions here, If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support If that does not work, then use the link in the support document to contact Apple Support for assistance.

2 replies

Feb 20, 2021 10:59 AM in response to christelfromirving

Sometimes, it is possible to damage your fingerprints such that they are not recognised by the TouchID sensor. In such situations, it is necessary to re-register your fingerprints.

For example, today I myself have had to re-register my own fingerprints on my iPad and iPhone. Having spent much of the day cleaning my cars, using old-fashioned contact-cleaning with a bucket and sponge, my devices found my fingerprints to be unreadable. After registering fresh fingerprints, normal service has been resumed.

In conclusion, your problem may not be with your device(s). Before seeking a more technical cause or issue, perhaps try re-registering your fingerprint(s).

The home button doesn’t see my fingerprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.