Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find iPhoto on my Mac desktop since I upgraded to Big Sur.

I have a lot of pictures in iPhoto, but now cannot access them because I upgraded to Big Sur in order for other programs to work properly. How can I access them in non-techy

terms, please.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:17 AM

Launch Photos from the Applications folder or the Dock with the Option key held down, click on Other Library, and choose the iPhoto one.

iPhoto will still be in the Applications folder, but cannot be opened in Catalina or newer.

(192728)

3 replies

Feb 20, 2021 12:04 PM in response to Kimmie312

iPhoto does no longer run at all on Big Sur, because it is incompatible with the system. You probably meant that launching Photos with the option key held down will let you choose between your different photo libraries and select your iPhoto Library for the migration to Photos.

This will create a new Photos Library for you, in addition to your old iPhoto Library. You can then move the iPhoto Library to an external drive to save storage and keep just your new Photos Library.

I cannot find iPhoto on my Mac desktop since I upgraded to Big Sur.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.