Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and iPad No Longer get AOL Mail

Neither my iPhone 8 Plus or my iPad 3 are able to get AOL through the Mail app. It says the password is wrong, but if I go to AOL with the same password, it works. What can I do to fix this? (My iMac is still getting AOL mail, thank goodness.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Hi there pat from west palm beach,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with not receiving email for your AOL account on your iPhone and iPad, and we'd like to share a resource that can help.

Take a look at it here: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

5 replies

Feb 22, 2021 2:16 PM in response to pat from west palm beach

AOL sent emails several times in the last 6 months letting users know that they would need to do some steps to keep receiving mail on 3rd party apps including iOS.

Hi AOL Member,

Head’s up: As of 20 October 2020, AOL Mail will no longer support third-party applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications) using outdated sign-in methods. That just means if you’re still signing in to your AOL account via another email application, like the default email application on your phone, you need to make some quick updates to ensure your mailbox isn’t interrupted. 

Here are your options: 

Option 1: We recommend that you access your email using our free AOL app for iOS and Android or simply go to mail.aol.com to access AOL Mail on the web. 

Option 2: Keep your current, non-AOL app, BUT follow a few steps to get it to sync with our secure sign-in method. The steps vary across different email applications, but in most cases, you will have to remove your AOL account from the app and then add it back again to update the sign-in security. Use the links below to follow the specific steps for your current application:

Option 3: You can generate a one-time, unique password that will allow you to sign in to your account using your non-AOL email application. Once created, this password will continue to allow your app to securely sync your AOL email unless you sign out (or are signed out) from your app. You can find instructions on how to do this here

Questions? Please visit our help page. If you’ve already made the necessary changes for your account, we appreciate the quick action! 

Yours in your inbox, 

The AOL Team

iPhone and iPad No Longer get AOL Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.