Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Blinking Light

Good afternoon,

I was hoping someone may have some insight on this. A storm came through a few days ago and knocked the power out for a bit. When the power came on, my Apple TV 4K hasn't been functioning. The light just keeps on flashing and flashing, with no power our sound. I tried the troubleshoot section and found it to be of no help. I was wondering if anyone knew of how to reset it without actually using it, if that makes any sense. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 3:39 PM

First try a disconnect from power for a minute or two. If that doesn’t help, then either some components got fried, or the system software needs to be re-installed. Both will need the attention of an Apple technician, as users can’t restore the 4K model externally. Best to contact Apple Support directly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 3:39 PM in response to mitchellfromkankakee

First try a disconnect from power for a minute or two. If that doesn’t help, then either some components got fried, or the system software needs to be re-installed. Both will need the attention of an Apple technician, as users can’t restore the 4K model externally. Best to contact Apple Support directly.

Apple TV 4K Blinking Light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.