Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I drag and drop songs from Music to my iPhone

iTunes used to be a, rather odd, but workable system to keep me from selecting the music i wanted to listen to on my iPhone. Yet ever since Apple decided in its " infinite wisdom " ( ahum ) to change this, I can no longer just Drag any Album over to my iPhone.

The only options are to use the Apple Syncing method via Music which in short sucks b*lls big time and is absolutely useless.

The other option is to ( again ) buy all my music from Apple.... seriously Apple ??

I have music you have never hear about...

Third option is to buy ( here we go again with the friggin' buying ) a third party app that will allow me to transfer MY files and MY music to MY iPhone from MY Mac. don't forget Mr. Apple that I have paid for all these devices and the music that I keep on them, so you are violating my privacy and my human rights to use my documents ( music ) the way I want to.

So in short, I have nothing to say about my music anymore according to Apple ??

WTF Apple !?!

I am very very angry about the removal of this Drag-And-Drop option that was always there but now suddenly has be taken away from the users without offering any other option ( not counting the useless option of synchronizing ) .

Does ANYONE have a solution or should I start calling Apple about this ??

Thanks

Peter

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 7:45 AM

Solved:

I switched on the " control Music manually " option which did not work before.

Now it works again....finally !

I can yet again drag my preferred albums onto my phone in Music..... * sigh of relief *

Mark this one as solved

Peter

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 21, 2021 7:36 AM in response to DaCatmaster

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a 500+ GB Music database, so syncing that way is no option.

I prefer to drag an album onto the iPhone and I think that Apple will have to make this work again.

It used to work, they changed it without any warning... not cool.

I did find a work-around.

Going into the Finder, to the iPhone pane.

Then just drag some audio into the right pane. The mouse cursor shows a Green + and release whatever you have dragged.

It will copy those audio files to the iPhone.

Oddly, the Album art is suddenly gone...

Needs some more investigating.

Peter

Feb 21, 2021 7:49 AM in response to dmxmedia

You can sync with selected playlists, which gets around the issue of having a larger library than your device. It is surprisingly effective if you invest the small amount of time needed to prepare, and once set up it makes things much easier if you ever need to restore or upgrade your device as your selections are already captured in the library.

tt2

Why can't I drag and drop songs from Music to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.