Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to purchase a new phone while having metro

I want to purchase a new iPhone online, I have service through MetroPCS and that’s not an option when it asks for my Carrier. The closest thing I see is T-Mobile, but when I put in my information in it says its incorrect or not found. What can I do, besides going into store?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 2:47 PM

You are correct. There are only three options available. T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T (All post-paid providers as it should be). You are not going to find any pre-paid providers in that list. There is however, a fourth option, and that is the SIM-FREE version of the iPhone. This is the unlocked version of the iPhone. This version will work on MetroPCS. The thing is that if you purchase the SIM-FREE version then you will have to pay the Full Price of the iPhone up front. You will not get any discounts that may be offered with the iPhones associated with the other 3 carriers. What you will have instead is an unlocked iPhone which will function with every carrier in the US and Canada and most of the world.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 2:47 PM in response to Imabusyguy

You are correct. There are only three options available. T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T (All post-paid providers as it should be). You are not going to find any pre-paid providers in that list. There is however, a fourth option, and that is the SIM-FREE version of the iPhone. This is the unlocked version of the iPhone. This version will work on MetroPCS. The thing is that if you purchase the SIM-FREE version then you will have to pay the Full Price of the iPhone up front. You will not get any discounts that may be offered with the iPhones associated with the other 3 carriers. What you will have instead is an unlocked iPhone which will function with every carrier in the US and Canada and most of the world.

Axel F.

Trying to purchase a new phone while having metro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.