Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12

I recently purchased an iPhone 12. Is there a way to have the double beep when Siri is activated?

On my old iPhone, when I pressed the Siri button, there would be an audible, double beep, letting me know Siri was activated.

Now, with the iPhone 12, there is only the icon at the bottom of the screen.

Is there a way to have the audible beep when I press the side button and activate Siri?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 9:15 PM

No. When you manually activate Siri by long pressing the Side button there is no audio acknowledgement. You have already discovered this.

Siri will provide the double beep audible acknowledgement IF you have headphones connected via bluetooth or wired. Siri will also provide the audible acknowledgement when you are connected to CarPlay.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Appreciate-

No. When you manually activate Siri by long pressing the Side button there is no audio acknowledgement. You have already discovered this.

Siri will provide the double beep audible acknowledgement IF you have headphones connected via bluetooth or wired. Siri will also provide the audible acknowledgement when you are connected to CarPlay.

Axel F.

iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.