Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

My photos in my photo app on my mac have completely disappeared. It's like the app reset itself. How do I get my photos and videos back?

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 3:33 AM

Have you checked, if Photos has opened the correct Photos Library?

Photos is storing the photos in a package, called Photos Library. By default you will find it in your Pictures folder, unless you move it somewhere else or rename it. You can see, which Library Photos is currently using in Photos: Launch Photos, go to the menu "Photos > Preferences". The General tab has a button "Show in Finder". Click it, to see, where your Photos Library is and how large it is.

If the library is very small and the creation date is new, look for a different, larger library.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Launch it again while firmly holding down the options key ⌥
  • Release the key, when the Library Chooser dialog appears. If there are more libraries shown, pick them all in turn and check, if your photos are there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 3:33 AM in response to Amy_J830

Have you checked, if Photos has opened the correct Photos Library?

Photos is storing the photos in a package, called Photos Library. By default you will find it in your Pictures folder, unless you move it somewhere else or rename it. You can see, which Library Photos is currently using in Photos: Launch Photos, go to the menu "Photos > Preferences". The General tab has a button "Show in Finder". Click it, to see, where your Photos Library is and how large it is.

If the library is very small and the creation date is new, look for a different, larger library.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Launch it again while firmly holding down the options key ⌥
  • Release the key, when the Library Chooser dialog appears. If there are more libraries shown, pick them all in turn and check, if your photos are there.

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.