Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 12 MICROPHONE WIND SOUND

Purchased a brand new iPhone 12 and since updating the software to iOS 14.4 last night, if I make a voice memo recording, send an audio message on messenger or record a video on Snapchat or instagram the audio sounds like I’m in a wind tunnel and very muffled. There is no issue with the audio if I record a video on the iPhone camera app, or when on a phone call - which makes me think this is not a hardware or microphone/speaker issue.

No apple support is solving the issue online. Very disappointed since this is a new iphone

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:56 AM

Normal to have background sound on any mic. Because the device has 3 of them.

Audio on a video you take only uses one of the mics.

1 reply

IPHONE 12 MICROPHONE WIND SOUND

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.