Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Caused OLED TV Burn-In

When playing Apple Music on an Apple TV, does anyone know how to set it so that the screen saver turns on while in the app listening to music? Mine defaults to karaoke mode when left untouched in the app, and the screen saver will only turn on if I exit to the home screen while music is playing.

APPLE you should have settings default to always avoid static images!

Why do I ask? Because I have a permanent burnt in shadow of a children’s music album cover on my OLED TV because the album doesn’t move on the screen in Karaoke mode. The nanny left the house with the music playing in the app.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 7:29 AM

Brian,

Got it. It sounds like you've changed several settings and restarted your Apple TV, but the issue with the screen saver not starting continues. Let's try some additional steps to see if we can get this sorted out. If you turn off lyrics for Apple Music, does the screen saver still not appear as expected?

"To turn lyrics off, press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote, then select Lyrics the Lyrics button in the upper-right corner of the screen." Learn more here:

View lyrics in Apple Music

If that doesn't seem to help, let us know which tvOS version is running on your Apple TV. This link provides more information about how to update your Apple TV:

How to update your Apple TV

Cheers.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 7:29 AM in response to Brian Kanner

Brian,

Got it. It sounds like you've changed several settings and restarted your Apple TV, but the issue with the screen saver not starting continues. Let's try some additional steps to see if we can get this sorted out. If you turn off lyrics for Apple Music, does the screen saver still not appear as expected?

"To turn lyrics off, press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote, then select Lyrics the Lyrics button in the upper-right corner of the screen." Learn more here:

View lyrics in Apple Music

If that doesn't seem to help, let us know which tvOS version is running on your Apple TV. This link provides more information about how to update your Apple TV:

How to update your Apple TV

Cheers.

Feb 24, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Brian Kanner

Hi there Brian Kanner,

It sounds like you're asking how to get the screensaver to start automatically when listening with Apple Music on your Apple TV. We're glad you've connected with us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance.

In order to turn screen savers on or off during playback of music and podcasts, go to Settings > General > Screen Saver and make sure 'Show During Music and Podcasts' is selected there. Have a look at this support article to learn more:

Use Apple TV screen savers

Cheers.

Feb 25, 2021 10:41 AM in response to Brian Kanner

Brian,

Thanks for the details. Let's dig a little deeper to see if we can get this sorted out. Does the issue persist if you choose a different screen saver or adjust the screen saver delay time? The link above provides more details about how to adjust those settings.

Also, have you tried a restart yet to see if that helps? If needed, learn how to restart Apple TV using the steps in this link:

Restart Apple TV

Take care.

Feb 25, 2021 5:05 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Leanne,

I tried all of these things— changed the type of screen saver, changed the delay time, and restarted it. Apple Music still reverts to the karaoke album mode with the static album cover.

Can anyone confirm that when they are IN Apple Music within an album with music playing that the regular screen saver actually comes on after a period...or is this a developer flaw?

Apple Music Caused OLED TV Burn-In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.