Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to get the screensaver on apple tv to turn on when I'm playing music from my computer library, not the apple music app

When I go to the Apple Music app on my Apple TV, I only see songs I bought online, not all the other songs in my computer library which I imported from CDs. So I can’t play those on the Music app, only by going to my computer library and selecting “music”. But when I play music from my library, the screen saver doesn’t turn on automatically even though in settings I have it set to go on during music, I guess that setting only works when using the Music app? Is there any way to get the screen saver to turn on when playing music from my computer library on Apple TV?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 4:01 PM

You can invoke the screen saver manually, by going to the home screen, and then press Menu or Back once more with your Apple TV Remote. That shouldn’t interrupt the music playback.

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 25, 2022 5:34 PM in response to hypnosifl

I have the opposite issue, the screen saver doesn't come on when play music via the "Apple Music" app. However, it does turn on when I play music streamed from a music library on an iMac via the "Computer" app. I have it to set for 2 minutes to help prevent burn-in on my OLED TV.

I have reported the screen saver not turning on in the "Apple Music" app to Apple feedback. In the meantime I force the screen saver to come on as Urquhart1244 suggested when I use the Apple Music app

Is there a way to get the screensaver on apple tv to turn on when I'm playing music from my computer library, not the apple music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.