Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen saver broke

My screen saver will not work when listening to music on tvOS 15, I have it are to play when listening to podcast and music and I did a factory reset and still it won’t work . It works fine when I leave it on the Home Screen for 2 minutes but if I am in the music app it won’t work

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:13 AM

Please report this behavior as something to be fixed for an upcoming update.

Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

14 replies

Oct 18, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Dtowntke

I have the same problem. But I believe tvOS15 as a flaw in it's programing. Until Apple comes up with a fix I believe I have found a way around this problem. Set up your music to play as you always do. Make sure all the boxes are checked. Start your music. Leave your music playing, return Apple TV to the home page. Your pictures should start after what ever you set for a time delay.

Dec 14, 2021 4:05 AM in response to Dabber72

I have just spoken to someone in Apple Support who has tried to be helpful by finding out whether it is a known issue or not and any associated resolution plan. However what he tells me is that a change has been made in TVOS 15 such that the only screen saver that will be displayed while music is playing is the album art, not any photos. He wasn’t able to answer my point that this effectively makes the setup options for screensaver in the user interface pointless - though he did say that he understood my point. So, the bottom line is that it’s not a fault, it’s doing what TVOS 15 is supposed to do. He is going to feedback internally re the frustration that customers will feel about this. We can raise enhancement / development requests to reintroduce what we used to have.

Dec 14, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Dabber72

Hello everybody. Just to clarify the position. Reporting it as a bug will probably be ignored because they are saying that it’s working as TVOS is now supposed to. Unless after my rant at someone today and that person’s internal feedback sparks a change of mind at some point, then our best way to potentially get the functionality back is to raise an enhancement request, not a big report. Hope that helps.

Screen saver broke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.