Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to unlock my iphone

I just bought my cell phone through ebay and it is a factory unlocked device worldwide, but my line does not recognize me, it says that I must release the device with the previous operator, but I am from Venezuela and I do not know what phone I use before, Apple Can I unlock the telephone equipment?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:02 AM

If this is Activation Lock, it can only be released by the owner of the Apple ID holding that lock, or with sales paperwork and identification that only the original purchaser will likely have.

If this is carrier lock, it can only be released by the previous carrier; the carrier associated with the subsidy.

And the carrier may only be willing to work through the person that held the contract.

If the carrier does unlock carrier lock: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

The folks at Apple will not assist with either case; not with a third-party seeking to remove Activation Lock, nor with a third-party seeking to remove Carrier Lock.

As the seller has seemingly disappeared, expect to recycle it.

Don’t like these answers? (Nobody likes getting scammed, either.) We answer these Activation Lock and Carrier Lock questions quite often around here... Poke around for the other discussions. The answers will be consistent.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:02 AM in response to totovnzla

If this is Activation Lock, it can only be released by the owner of the Apple ID holding that lock, or with sales paperwork and identification that only the original purchaser will likely have.

If this is carrier lock, it can only be released by the previous carrier; the carrier associated with the subsidy.

And the carrier may only be willing to work through the person that held the contract.

If the carrier does unlock carrier lock: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

The folks at Apple will not assist with either case; not with a third-party seeking to remove Activation Lock, nor with a third-party seeking to remove Carrier Lock.

As the seller has seemingly disappeared, expect to recycle it.

Don’t like these answers? (Nobody likes getting scammed, either.) We answer these Activation Lock and Carrier Lock questions quite often around here... Poke around for the other discussions. The answers will be consistent.

Feb 22, 2021 12:34 PM in response to totovnzla

totovnzla wrote:

ah ok, then I have to contact the person who sold it to me so that he can talk to his phone and release it right? thanks

They'd be the available choice, whether for refund or remediation, yes.

Here is the Apple carrier-unlock procedure:

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

More than a few of these cases have also involved (somebody) paying for the remainder of the original carrier contract, if the contract is still active. That'll usually be a prerequisite for removing the carrier lock, if there was a carrier subsidy on the purchase.

i need to unlock my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.