Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Facetime issues

I just purchased an iPhone 12 and I'm having problems using Facetime with it. The call usually starts out fine but a few minutes in the person I'm talking to either gets a "poor connection" or a completely black screen, while I can see them perfectly fine. I would say it's the other person's phone, but this has happened to 6 different people that I've tried to call, same experience every time. When I switch over to my Mac, the connection is fine. This is incredibly frustrating! Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:16 AM

tjoseph8 wrote:

I just purchased an iPhone 12 and I'm having problems using Facetime with it. The call usually starts out fine but a few minutes in the person I'm talking to either gets a "poor connection" or a completely black screen, while I can see them perfectly fine. I would say it's the other person's phone, but this has happened to 6 different people that I've tried to call, same experience every time. When I switch over to my Mac, the connection is fine. This is incredibly frustrating! Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how can I fix it?

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 11:16 AM in response to tjoseph8

tjoseph8 wrote:

If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone 12 Facetime issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.